This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
Two hundred observations were randomly sampled from the High School andBeyond survey, a survey conducted on high school seniors by the NationalCenter of Education Statistics.
- id - Student ID.
- gender - Student's gender, with levelsfemale and male.
- race - Student's race, with levelsafrican american, asian, hispanic, and white.
- ses - Socio economic status of student's family, with levelslow, middle, and high.
- schtyp - Type of school,with levels public and private.
- prog - Type of program,with levels general, academic, and vocational.
- read - Standardized reading score.
- write - Standardized writingscore.
- math - Standardized math score.
- science - Standardizedscience score.
- socst - Standardized social studies score.
UCLA Academic Technology Services,http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/data/hsb2.csv.
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=hsb2.