This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
Details for all 19,961 runners in the 2017 Cherry Blossom Run, which is anannual road race that takes place in Washington, DC. Most runnersparticipate in a 10-mile run while a smaller fraction take part in a 5k runor walk.
- bib - Number on the runner's bib.
- name - Name of the runner, with only the initial of their last name.
- sex - Gender of the runner.
- age - Age of the runner.
- city - Home city of the runner.
- net_sec - Time to complete the race, after accounting for the staggered starting time, in seconds.
- clock_sec - Time to complete the race, ignoring the staggered starting time, in seconds.
- pace_sec - Average time per mile, in seconds.
- event - The event the racer participated in, either the "10 Mile" race or the "5K".
There was a time limit where all 10 Mile racers had to finish by. Can youfigure out what that time is?
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=run17.