This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
Fifty companies were randomly sampled from the 500 companies in the S&P 500,and their financial information was collected on March 8, 2012.
- market_cap - Total value of all company shares, in millions ofdollars.
- stock - The name of the stock (e.g. AAPL for Apple).
- ent_value - Enterprise value, which is an alternative to market cap thatalso accounts for things like cash and debt, in millions of dollars.
- trail_pe - The market cap divided by the earnings (profits) over the lastyear.
- forward_pe - The market cap divided by the forecasted earnings (profits)over the next year.
- ev_over_rev - Enterprise value divided by the company's revenue.
- profit_margin - Percent of earnings that are profits.
- revenue - Revenue, in millions of dollars.
- growth - Quartly revenue growth (year over year), in millions of dollars.
- earn_before - Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, andamortization, in millions of dollars.
- cash - Total cash, in millions of dollars.
- debt - Total debt, in millions of dollars.
Yahoo! Finance, http://finance.yahoo.com, collected March 8, 2012.
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=sp500.